Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Isla


I can't believe my little lady is 3 and obviously she doesn't believe it either, because she insists that she's 7.

She has been so excited about having a party for the last week, every morning she'd wake up and ask, "Is it my party today?". Each time we went out she'd tell whoever we'd speak to that she was having a party!

We all had a lovely day, although it was SO incredibly hot and muggy! I think almost all of my photo's from the day everyone has rosy cheeks and beads of sweat on their brow!

I think Isla was happy with her party, she'd given Ian and I strict requirements for the day, ie, "pink balloons and streamers and deca-ations (as she calls them) and cakes with lots of sprinkles on top".

I couldn't be arsed making a pretty cake like the merry-go-round I made last year, so this year it was lots of cupcakes, with sprinkles as per Isla's instructions! Some were plain, others had little decorative butterflies :)


Isla received so many presents, she was spoiled rotten! Her favourite gifts for the day were the ladybug outfit from Nanny & Poppy, playdough from Poppy Troy and the Dora parifanalia from Lyn & Rod and Allison & Brad.

She finished the day by going to Steve & Marie's place for a swim to cool off with Ian, while I went to the Speedway with my Father-In-Law Kevin and my Dad, where Ian's cousin Robbie came 2nd in the $50,000 race!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally, glad she had such a great day! Cupcakes look so nice. Had to laugh at her saying she is 7, I am in a fit of giggles!