Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An update




It's been weeks and weeks since I've updated here, so I'm not quite sure where to start...

12 weeks pregnant now, baby due on the 25th of November. Had my first appointment at the hospital this morning and it all went well. I meant to ask them if I could listen to the heartbeat but I completely forgot.

At this stage, I don't have to go back until the 1st of July after I have my 18wk ultrasound around the 23rd of June, once that is done, they'll know where the placenta is and that will determine whether I see the midwives at the clinic or the doctors. We'll wait and see.

Still feeling pretty ordinary most days, nothing much I feel like eating or drinking for that matter. I was weighed in at the hospital this morning and I'm 5kgs less than I was about 3 weeks ago when I got up the nerve to stand on the scales! I guess that's one good thing about the fairly constant nausea!

Poor Ian has been off work for a few weeks now with an ankle problem, he fell down a gutter while doing a delivery at work, and has just informed me that he has to have a CT scan to look for a fracture because the swelling hasn't gone down since it happened. Fingers crossed he's okay!

Isla is doing really well, she has just worked out how to ride her bicycle, with thanks to her Poppy, who's made stirrups for the pedals so her feet don't slip off. She will ride for the longest time, only getting off because her fingers are sore from holding the handle bars so long!

Still not having much luck with getting her to sleep all night in her own bed. We've had 2 nights in the last 4 weeks that she's managed to last all night. She's normally waking around 2am and won't go back to sleep on her own. *sigh*

I haven't taken many photo's of her at all lately, I've been pretty slack, I'll have to take her out tomorrow and snap away! Here are some pics of our trip to Forster :)

0 comments: