Monday, August 4, 2008

It's been a while!


It's been so long since I've updated Isla's blog - I've been busy posting weekly pregnancy updates on A Baby Story - my pregnancy blog, and sadly, this one has been rather neglected.

A lot has happened since I last updated here. Isla is doing very well, we pick up new helpers this week, very exciting. When I spoke to the lady at the Orthotists office, she asked if we wanted the butterfly stickers still, and I said yes, but I'm not too sure whether they're just stickers or they'll be melted into the thermo-plastic.

We went away for Chrismas in July last weekend to Sussex Inlet which was lovely. Quite cold, but we had a nice log fire to keep us cosy and warm. Isla insisted on going for a swim at the beach on the Saturday, despite the freezing temperatures! See pics of my little beach bunny!

One thing that is causing us a bit of concern with little Isla is that she's developed a stutter :( It came on suddenly, she's always been able to speak very, vwey well, and now somedays, has real trouble in saying simple words. It's worse when she's tired or over-excited, but her OT picked up on it the other week while we were visiting her briefly (and she wasn't even doing it to the extent that she normally does). OT is going to speak to Isla's speechie and see if we can get a referal to the Stuttering Clinic at our local hospital.

Isla is obsessed with drawing at the moment, she always has a pen, pencil or crayon in her hand. She can draw really good faces now, and is learning to colour within the lines of pictures. She's also started painting a lot too - and no longer with just red paint! When she was at FDC she would only ever paint/colour with red :S

Isla is very excited about getting a baby sister, we found out in June that we're having another girl, and Isla is already making lots of plans! "My baby sister can sleep in my room with me" she said the other day, I explained to her that little babies cry a lot when they're new and don't sleep very much, so she said, "Okay Mummy, my baby sister can sleep with you then". Hahaha!

0 comments: