Monday, February 8, 2010

School Update

Isla was so excited to have 2 "days off" school. Bless her little socks.


Even better though, she was excited to go back to school this morning. I thought it was going to be hard given the weekend, but she was busting to get back.

I can't believe that of the 4 days I've taken Isla to school and picked her up, it's been raining. Seriously. It's summer!!! {I know, I know, I complain about the heat constantly, now I'm complaining about the rain!}.

She's been put into her proper class as of today, called the Wallaroo's. How cute. I was secretly hoping she'd be a sea lion or a panda, but wallaroo it is. She's not in the same class as her little friend Emily, but has a friend from pre-school, Maddison, in the class with her, so she'll be happy {I hope!}.

I'm still adjusting to her not being here of a day time. It's such a different feeling to her being at pre-school, but she hadn't been since December, so I had grown accustomed to having her by my side all day, every day. I miss her!

Poor Harper was upset when Isla went into class. She's missing her too - although not so much right now, as she's playing with Isla's beloved Dora Schoolhouse. Isla would be mortified if she knew!

I'm trying desperately to learn how to braid, Isla has requested braids and I have no idea how to do them, so I've spent hours trawling the internet for tutorials! The things we do!

I go back to Tafe tonight. I don't particularly want to go. I told Ian last night that I'd post-pone it for 6 months while Isla settles in to school. I feel like I'm going to miss out on seeing her all day. I only get an hour or so in the morning before school, then the same after school. Tafe starts at 5pm and by the time I get home at 9 she'll be asleep. Sigh. Shall try it for a week and see how we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean about feeling lost without her and Violet is only gone 2 days per week!

Alison said...

Ally - I can show you how to braid if you can show me how to iron culottes!!!

Audrey spends all day asking me "Are we going to get Emma yet?" - cute how they miss their big sisters.

Good luck with the TAFE decision.